The Maryland Harm Reduction Training Institute (MaHRTI) aims to develop the Maryland harm reduction workforce and support Maryland programs in providing optimal services to people who use drugs. MaHRTI provides training and technical assistance to the following audiences:
- Peers and people who use drugs
- Maryland Department of Health ACCESS Harm Reduction grantees
- Syringe services programs
- Overdose Response Programs
Technical Assistance Request Form
Please complete the MaHRTI Technical Assistance Request Form to gain help with harm reduction topics.
- Motivational Interviewing for People Who Use Drugs (1 hour)
- Safer Injection and Basic Wound Care (1 hour, 20 minutes)
- De-Escalation and Conflict Management (1 hour)
- Fentanyl Test Strips: Train the Trainer (1 hour, 25 minutes) (Note that some slides are cut off)
- Maryland Overdose Response Program Training of Trainers (1 hour, 27 minutes)
- Opioid Treatment Program Fentanyl Test Strips (1 hour, 5 minutes)
Please complete this Webinar Evaluation Form after watching each webinar.
Maryland Community-Based Organizations and Coalitions
- Baltimore Harm Reduction Coalition
- Bmore POWER
- BRIDGES Coalition
- “Go Slow” Fentanyl Education Campaign
- Health Care for the Homeless – Baltimore and Maryland
- National Alliance on Mental Illness – Metropolitan Baltimore
- Power Inside
- SPARC Women’s Center
National Policy Advocacy and Capacity-Building Organizations
- AIDS United
- Drug Policy Alliance
- Harm Reduction Coalition
- National Alliance of State and Territorial AIDS Directors – Drug User Health Program
- National Alliance on Mental Illness
- National Health Care for the Homeless Council
- The AIDS Institute
- Maryland Department of Health – Center for Harm Reduction Services
- Maryland Behavioral Health Administration
- Maryland Department of Health – Infectious Disease Bureau
- CDC – National Center for HIV/AIDS, Viral Hepatitis, STD, and TB Prevention
- CDC – Opioid Overdose
- CDC – Persons Who Inject Drugs
Join the Conversation!
MaHRTI and the Baltimore Harm Reduction Coalition co-moderate a statewide listserv to facilitate sharing news and events, brainstorming advocacy needs and strategies, and connecting the statewide harm reduction community.
Learn how to join a Google Group without a Gmail address, or link a non-Google email address to a current Gmail account: https://support.google.com/groups/answer/1067205?hl=en#join
Keep informed! Sign up for MaHRTI’s newsletter here.