Behavioral Health System Baltimore is the area’s leading expert and resource in advancing behavioral health and wellness. We help guide innovative approaches to prevention, early intervention, treatment and recovery for those who are dealing with mental health and substance use disorders to help build healthier individuals, stronger families and safer communities.
What is Behavioral Health?
Behavioral health is a term for an individual’s overall emotional and mental wellness. The term encompasses both mental health and substance use disorders.
BY THE NUMBERS
Behavioral Health in Baltimore: The Numbers
One in five people in Baltimore has a mental health disorder. Learn more about the prevalence of behavioral health disorders in Baltimore by taking a look at the data.
Number of people served in the public behavioral health system
Percent of people with a mental health disorder in Baltimore
Percent of people with a substance use disorder in Baltimore
- BHSB in the News Opioid overdoses in Maryland increased 14.8 percent in first six months of 2018 (Baltimore Sun) October 12, 2018
- BHSB in the News Maryland’s drug-related deaths increase for seventh straight year, reach all-time high on 2017 (Baltimore Sun) July 26, 2018
- BHSB in the News Baltimore Stabilization Center to help Counteract Opioid Epidemic (WBALTV) March 27, 2018
- Jan January 22 Quarterly Outpatient Provider Meeting The Quarterly Outpatient Provider Meeting is for adult, youth, and family outpatient mental health and substance use disorder treatment providers. The goal of the meeting is for BHSB to update providers on treatment trends and resources; along with the opportunity for provider collaboration and resource sharing.
- Jan January 07 Behavioral Health Leadership Network Meeting on Maryland’s Budget Outlook This meeting will feature a presentation from the Department of Legislative Services on Maryland's FY 2020 budget outlook for behavioral health, as well as updates from BHSB on exciting work happening within our system of care.
Sign up for our newsletter for the latest events and behavioral health news!