Advancing Behavioral Health and Wellness
BHSB advocates for policies that will improve the behavioral health and wellness of Baltimore residents.
Our 2020-2021 Policy Priorities to advance behavioral health and wellness are:
- Strengthen and expand behavioral health crisis services
- Support funding commitments for behavioral health
- Increase school behavioral health supports
- Improve Maryland’s public behavioral health system
- Support a coordinated response to Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs)
- Promote harm reduction strategies
Read our previous policy alerts:
- Halfway through the 2021 Legislative Session Click to open external page
- Advocacy Alert: The 2021 Legislative Session Click to open external page
Sign up for our Policy Alerts
Keep up with our policy and advocacy efforts during the Maryland General Assembly Session.
Advocacy 101 Training
Do you want to learn how to use your voice to help advance behavioral health policy? Attend an Advocacy 101 Training. This training provides participants with information on how to educate and engage lawmakers about behavioral health and wellness. Click here to register for an upcoming training or contact Stacey Jefferson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 410-735-8578 for more information.
Invite your legislator to tour your program
One of the best ways to educate lawmakers about behavioral health is to have them visit your program so they can get a first-hand look at the services that you provide and people you help. For more information contact Stacey Jefferson, Policy Manager at email@example.com or 410-735-8578.