BHSB periodically offers funding opportunities for a range of services and activities to support behavioral health and wellness in Baltimore City. Announcements about funding opportunities are posted on this page and shared through our e-mail list. Check back often for new opportunities.
Funding Opportunities for the COVID-19 Crisis
- COVID-19 Response Funding Collaborative of Greater Baltimore COVID-19 Emergency Response Funding–This funding is for non-profit organizations seeking resources to support changes in operations and sustainability due to COVID-19. Funding priorities include non-profit sustainability and mental health and coping resources, among others.
- Federal Communications Commission, COVID-19 Telehealth Program–This program provides $200 million in funding, appropriated by Congress as part of the CARES Act, to help health care providers – including eligible community mental health and substance use treatment providers – fund technology and equipment to bolster service delivery via telehealth.
- Maryland Department of Commerce Maryland Small Business COVID-19 Emergency Relief Grant Fund—This $50 million grant program for businesses and non-profits offers grant amounts up to $10,000, not to exceed 3 months of demonstrated cash operating expenses for the first quarter of 2020.
- Baltimore Community Foundation Evolving Community Needs Fund—This funding supports several key areas including preventing the spread COVID-19, grassroots response, and mitigating the impact of lost wages for low-income earners.
- U.S. Small Business Administration Paycheck Protection Program—Eligible non-profits may qualify for a loan to help keep their workers on payroll. Loans can be up to $10 million determined by 8 weeks of prior average payroll plus an additional 25% of that amount. Loan payments will be deferred for six months. Lenders may begin processing loan applications as soon as April 3, 2020.
Request for Proposals:
- Behavioral Health Crisis Response Grant Program -Request for Proposals (RFP)
- Submit questions and proposals to Procurements@BHSBaltimore.org
Resources for Applicants
If you are interested in receiving email updates about funding opportunities, please send an email to BHSB’s Communications Manager, Lizzy Unger, at Elizabeth.Unger@bhsbaltimore.org