BHSB periodically offers funding opportunities for a range of services and activities to support behavioral health and wellness in Baltimore City. Announcements about funding opportunities are posted on this page and shared through our e-mail list. Check back often for new opportunities.
Funding Opportunities for the COVID-19 Crisis
- HHS Medicaid Provider Relief Fund—this funding opportunity was established through the federal CARES Act to support health care providers with responding to COVID-19. Mental health and substance use disorder providers, including providers that only accept Medicaid reimbursement, are eligible to apply. Providers may receive up to 2% of their reported revenue. The deadline to apply is Friday, August 28. Use HHS’s step-by-step guide to complete your application.
- Coronavirus Emergency Supplemental Funding Program (CESF) – Governor’s Office of Crime Prevention, Youth and Victim Services
- Baltimore Community Foundation Evolving Community Needs Fund—This funding supports several key areas including preventing the spread COVID-19, grassroots response, and mitigating the impact of lost wages for low-income earners.
- U.S. Small Business Administration Paycheck Protection Program—Eligible non-profits may qualify for a loan to help keep their workers on payroll. Loans can be up to $10 million determined by 8 weeks of prior average payroll plus an additional 25% of that amount. Loan payments will be deferred for six months. Lenders may begin processing loan applications as soon as April 3, 2020.
Request for Proposals:
- Trainers for Behavioral Health Professionals– Request for Proposals
- Child and Family Strategic Planning Consultant – Request for Proposal
- Submit questions to Procurements@BHSBaltimore.org
- The Maryland Department of Health, Center for Harm Reduction Services, is issuing a Request for Applications (RFA) for organizations to deliver harm reduction services that improve the health and lives of people who use drugs. Learn more about the ACCESS Harm Reduction Grants.
BHSB uses Survey Monkey Apply to manage some RFP applications.
Resources for Applicants
If you are interested in receiving email updates about funding opportunities, please send an email to BHSB’s Communications Manager, Lizzy Unger, at Elizabeth.Unger@bhsbaltimore.org