Tips to Support Your Emotional Health and Wellness
You may find yourself feeling a range of emotions from stress, sadness, loneliness, anger, fear, loss of control and anxiety. Finding ways to cope and manage stress is important for your health and wellness. Here are some tips (A link to a .pdf file is present) to help you support your emotional health and your community.
- Reach out for Support. Reach out to a friend, family member or trusted adult or call call Baltimore’s Here2Help Hotline for 24/7 access to confidential and emotional support. 410-433-5176
- Take a Break from the News. Be aware of how much time you spend looking at the news and social media and how it is impacting your mood. Consider turning off push notifications, and verify your sources.
- Maintain familiar routines as much as possible. Try to wake up and go to sleep around the same time every day. Develop a daily schedule, with breaks included.
- Find ways to connect with loved ones. Call/text your family, neighbors or friends and ask them how they are doing.
- Do things that give you joy. Talk to a friend or family member on the phone. Connect to your spirituality. Cook your favorite meal. Cuddle your pet.
- Focus on Movement. Take a walk around the block. Go to the park. Stand outside your front door and breath in the air. Do some yoga or chair.
- Just Breathe. Stop what you’re doing, close your eyes, and slowly breath in and out for a minute. Download a meditation app like Insight Timer (A link to an external site), Headspace (A link to an external site) or Calm (A link to an external site).