On January 27, 2023, U.S. Health and Human Services Secretary Xavier Becerra, Assistant Secretary Miriam Delphin-Rittmon, PhD, Governor Wes Moore and Lieutenant Governor Aruna Miller visited BHSB’s office to host a roundtable discussion and a press conference to highlight investments the Biden-Harris administration is making to support youth mental health.
Local mental health leaders from NAMI Baltimore and the Black Mental Health Alliance shared their expertise on the importance of investing in stronger systems of care for youth as well as the crucial role peer support plays in empowering youth to seek help.
988 helpline providers from Baltimore Crisis Response Inc., Grassroots Crisis Intervention and Affiliated Santé Group shared insight into the success of the new helpline as well as how text and chat features have helped reach youth.
If you or a loved one need immediate emotional support, call 988 to connect to a counselor who can help. Our specialists provide confidential care 24/7. Learn more at 988helpline.org
- Baltimore Banner—Gov. Moore and HHS Secretary Becerra talk youth mental health, including new 988 crisis line
- Baltimore Sun—Youth mental health investments discussed at Baltimore panel
- WBALTV 11—HHS Secretary Becerra visits Maryland to discuss mental health services for youth
- WJZ TV— LOCAL NEWS Wes Moore, city leaders discuss mental health disparities
- WYPR—Gov. Wes Moore pushes for early intervention programs to curb violence across Maryland
- WYPR—Gov. Moore promises to support students’ mental health in Maryland classrooms