Stay Informed: BHSB Advocacy Alerts
- April 2018 Advocacy Alert: Session Summary
- March 2018 Advocacy Alert: Progress for Behavioral Health in the 2018 Legislative Session
- January 2018 – New Year, New Session, New Push for Behavioral Health
- April 2017- Maryland 2017 Legislative Session: What Happened and What’s Next
- March 2017 – BHSB Advocacy Alert:Act Now to Support Behavioral Health
- January 2017 – Policy Alert: Ready, Set, Advocate
Find your Representatives:
BHSB hosted an Advocacy 101 Training for providers, consumers, and advocates. The training provided participants with information on how to engage lawmakers in our work, including providing testimony before lawmakers. View the Advocacy 101 Training presentation power point to learn more about how to be an advocate for behavioral health. Another Advocacy 101 Training will be coming soon!
Invite your legislator to tour your program. One of the best ways to educate lawmakers about your work, is to have them visit your program so they can see what services you provide, ask questions, and learn more. For support setting up a site visit, contact Stacey Jefferson, Policy Manager, at Stacey.email@example.com or 410-735-8578.