Stay Informed: BHSB Advocacy Alerts
- January 2018 – New Year, New Session, New Push for Behavioral Health
- April 2017- Maryland 2017 Legislative Session: What Happened and What’s Next
- March 2017 – BHSB Advocacy Alert:Act Now to Support Behavioral Health
- January 2017 – Policy Alert: Ready, Set, Advocate
Call and/or send a letter to Governor Hogan and your Congressional Representatives, asking them to protect Medicaid. If the Affordable Care Act is repealed, 476,000 Marylanders will lose coverage and access to mental health and substance use disorder services. In addition the Maryland would lose billions of federal funding, which would translate into the loss of jobs creating a negative economic impact for our state.
The Governor needs to hear from advocates NOW! You can contact Governor Hogan by:
- Calling his office at 410-974-3901 or 1-800-811-8336. Ask Governor Hogan to work with fellow Governors to preserve Medicaid expansion and the Medicaid program. You can also send a letter to 100 State Circle, Annapolis, Maryland 21401-1925.
Find your Representatives:
BHSB hosted an Advocacy 101 Training for providers, consumers, and advocates. The training provided participants with information on how to engage lawmakers in our work, including providing testimony before lawmakers. View the Advocacy 101 Training presentation power point to learn more about how to be an advocate for behavioral health. Another Advocacy 101 Training will be coming soon!
Invite your legislator to tour your program. One of the best ways to educate lawmakers about your work, is to have them visit your program so they can see what services you provide, ask questions, and learn more. For support setting up a site visit, contact Stacey Jefferson, Policy Manager, at Stacey.email@example.com or 410-735-8578.